Saturday, April 30, 2011


Please pray for little Will as he awaits his next heart surgery. He seems to be struggling some as he breathes and is just really worn out. The Doctor that he saw yesterday thinks that his condition is OK, but we have seen a change and are concerned. We are ready to get him back to U of M and have his procedure done. Pray that if he needs to go sooner than his scheduled date of May 11 that God would clear the way to make that happen.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's A Date

Will officially has a date with U of M. On May 11, he will have his heart catheter procedure. They will also be taking a peek at his bronchial tubes to see if they can find any reason for all the respiratory issues Will has been having. Will needs to be at U of M on May 10 for labs and prep work and then the actual surgical procedure will take place on the 11th. Please pray for peace for the family as they anticipate this next step and for wisdom and guidance for the Doctors that will be caring for Will.

Friday, April 15, 2011

So Here's The Deal

The boy is home (cue the collective cheering, doin' the wave, woot, woot, etc.). The doctors have officially diagnosed him as a little snot nose! He produces a lot of mucus. That mucus then builds up over time and causes lots of problems. So, he is now on meds to help dry up his secretions and he also has a suction machine that should help to keep the mucus cleared out. The other bit of news is that while Will was in the hospital, the cardiologist discovered that he will have to have another heart surgery (this is where we all let out a big "BOO!"). The coarctation (narrow part) of the aorta that was repaired during his open heart surgery in January has started to narrow again. This is due to the build up of scar tissue. So, at some point, Will will need to return to U of M and have a surgical procedure to open that area up again. It will actually be a heart catheter procedure where they go in through his leg and use a balloon to open the narrow area of the aorta. We don't know exactly when this procedure will need to take place. The cardiologist in Kalamazoo is in communication with the heart surgeons at U of M and they will decide when the procedure is needed. At first, we thought is would be soon, but now they are saying that it might not need to be done right away. So, we really don't know much! At the time Will had his open heart surgery, the Doctors did explain that there was a chance of this happening. However, it still stinks to be the statistic. So, all in all, things are going OK. Will does have some ongoing health challenges that he battles right now. He will continue to need some extra care until he either outgrows some of these issues or becomes big enough to learn how to manage some of them on his own.

Thanks so much for all your prayers. You have all been a constant source of strength and encouragement to our family!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Here We Go Again!

Our 'lil man is back at Bronson. The good news is that his heart Dr. has said that whatever is going on is not related to his heart. The bad news is that he's a sick little guy and they don't really know what is going on. Some tests have been ordered and right now we are waiting to see what those tests show. Please pray for wisdom for the Doctors that they will be able to quickly diagnose Will's issues and proceed with effective treatment.